This rigorous course designed and implemented for enterprise-level messaging administrator aspirants. It also streamlines skills for IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2013. Aspirants are encouraged to be experienced IT working professionals in the above areas. They are not expected to have previous Exchange Server version experience.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, manage, secure, and support Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. This course will also provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize performance and minimize errors and security threats in Exchange Server 2013.
Signellent's expert instructor led course is designed to either be for 15 days (Weekdays – 2.5 hrs.) OR 6-week (Sunday/Saturday) to cater to both working and upcoming professionals. This course provides extensive server knowledge to excel in your organization. We pride ourselves in providing our students with a high success rate by highlighting the goals from day one. Our major course highlights are as below,
- Course contents are based on MS Exchange guidelines
- Dedicated attention by instructors to Monitoring and evaluate candidates' progress on a daily basis
- Daily lab exercises to give extensive familiarity with the equipment
- Regular evaluation
- Industry experienced Certified instructors
- The MS Exchange module is designed to meet the objective of the MS Exchange program.
- The course is customized keeping in mind the ultimate aim of achieving technology expertise and MS Exchange certification.
- Assigned project manager will manage this program and drive the program from its registration stage to monitoring and tracking of the candidates' performance.
- Curriculum is based on MS Exchange course outlines
- Dedicated Professional to manage, track and evaluate the candidate's performance from registration to completion.
- This course is especially beneficial for candidates who aim at building academic knowledge that is supplemented by applied lab exercises.
- 6 week or 15 days, of intensive training+ rigorous lab exercises.
- Course kits contains reference material and add ons to enable students prepare better.
- Apt balance of theoretical and practical application
- Customized tests at the end of course to ensure best results.
- Stern passing standards with progress report of each candidate.
- Facility of Lab on cloud for students who want to practice remotely
- Students can attend the same lecture numerous times till they feel comfortable with the topic.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy and manage Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and configure the Mailbox server role.
- Manage recipient objects, address policies, and address lists in Exchange Server 2013
- Plan and implement the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2013.
- Securely plan and configure Microsoft Outlook Web App and mobile messaging using the Client Access server.
- Understand and manage highly available Client Access servers in Exchange Sever 2013.
- Plan for disaster mitigation; implement backup and recovery for Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and configure message transport in an Exchange Server 2013 organization.
- Plan message security options, implement an antivirus solution, and implement an anti-spam solution.
- Configure permissions and secure Exchange Server 2013.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot an Exchange Server 2013 environment.
Plan, install, configure and manage transport:
PLAN A HIGH AVAILABILITY SOLUTION FOR COMMON SCENARIOS
- Set up redundancy for intra-site scenarios; plan for SafetyNet; plan for shadow redundancy; plan for redundant MX records
DESIGN A TRANSPORT SOLUTION
- Design inter-site mail flow; design inter-org mail flow; plan for Domain Secure/TLS; design Edge transport; design message hygiene solutions; design shared namespace scenarios
CONFIGURE AND MANAGE TRANSPORT
- Configure Edge servers; configure Send/Receive connectors; configure transport rules; configure accepted domains; configure email policies; configure Address Rewriting
TROUBLESHOOT AND MONITOR TRANSPORT
- Interpret message tracking logs and protocol logs; troubleshoot a shared namespace environment; troubleshoot SMTP mail flow; given a failure scenario, predict mail flow and identify how to recover; troubleshoot Domain Secure/TLS; troubleshoot the new transport architecture
CONFIGURE AND MANAGE HYGIENE
- Manage content filtering; manage recipient filtering; manage SenderID; manage connection filtering; manage Spam Confidence Level (SCL) thresholds; manage anti-malware
Install, configure and manage the mailbox role:
PLAN THE MAILBOX ROLE
- Plan for database size and storage performance requirements; plan for virtualisation requirements and scenarios; plan mailbox role capacity and placement; design public folder placement strategy; validate storage by running JetStress
CONFIGURE AND MANAGE THE MAILBOX ROLE
- Create and configure Offline Address Book (OAB); create and configure public folders; deploy mailbox server roles; design and create hierarchical address lists
DEPLOY AND MANAGE HIGH AVAILABILITY SOLUTIONS FOR THE MAILBOX ROLE
- Create and configure a Database Availability Group (DAG); identify failure domains; manage DAG networks; configure proper placement of a file share witness; manage mailbox database copies
MONITOR AND TROUBLESHOOT THE MAILBOX ROLE
- Troubleshoot database replication and replay; troubleshoot database copy activation; troubleshoot mailbox role performance; troubleshoot database failures; monitor database replication and content indexing
DEVELOP BACKUP AND RECOVERY SOLUTIONS FOR THE MAILBOX ROLE AND PUBLIC FOLDERS
- Manage lagged copies; determine most appropriate backup solution/strategy; perform a dial tone restore; perform item-level recovery; recover the public folder hierarchy; recover a mailbox server role
CREATE AND CONFIGURE MAIL-ENABLED OBJECTS
- Configure resource mailboxes and scheduling; configure team mailboxes; configure distribution lists; configure moderation; configure a linked mailbox
MANAGE MAIL-ENABLED OBJECT PERMISSIONS
- Configure mailbox folder permissions; configure mailbox permissions; set up room mailbox delegates; set up team mailbox membership; set up auto-mapping; determine when to use Send As and Send On Behalf permissions
Plan, install, configure and manage client access:
PLAN, DEPLOY AND MANAGE A CLIENT ACCESS SERVER (CAS)
- Design to account for differences between legacy CAS and Exchange CAS/CAF; configure Office web application
PLAN AND CONFIGURE NAMESPACES AND CLIENT SERVICES
- Design namespaces for client connectivity; configure URLs; plan for certificates; configure authentication methods; implement auto-discover for a given namespace
DEPLOY AND MANAGE MOBILITY SOLUTIONS
- Deploy Mobile OWA (MOWA); configure OWA policies; configure Microsoft ActiveSync policies; configure Allow Block Quarantine (ABQ); deploy and manage Agaves
IMPLEMENT LOAD BALANCING
- Configure namespace load balancing; configure Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) load balancing; plan for differences between layer seven and layer four load balancing methods; configure Windows Network Load Balancing (WNLB)
TROUBLESHOOT CLIENT CONNECTIVITY
- Troubleshoot Outlook Anywhere connectivity; troubleshoot POP/IMAP; troubleshoot authentication; troubleshoot web services; troubleshoot AutoDiscover; troubleshoot mobile devices
Design and manage an Exchange infrastructure:
PLAN FOR IMPACT OF EXCHANGE ON ACTIVE DIRECTORY SERVICES
- Plan the number of domain controllers; plan placement of Global Catalogue (GC); determine DNS changes required for Exchange; prepare domains for Exchange; evaluate impact of schema changes required for Exchange; plan around Active Directory site topology
ADMINISTER EXCHANGE WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT
- Configure user workload policies; configure system workload policies; monitor system workload events; monitor user workload events
PLAN AND MANAGE ROLE BASED ACCESS CONTROL (RBAC)
- Determine appropriate RBAC roles and cmdlets; limit administration using existing role groups; evaluate differences between RBAC and Active Directory split permissions; configure a custom-scoped role group; configure delegated setup
DESIGN AN APPROPRIATE EXCHANGE SOLUTION FOR A GIVEN SLA
- Plan for updates; plan for change management; design a solution that meets SLA requirements around scheduled downtime; design a solution that meets SLA requirements around RPO/RTO; design a solution that meets SLA requirements around message delivery