With the advent of Smart Cities around the globe, people have realized that the old Wi-Fi technology is not the answer. Smart cities need a wireless network that can tackle complex functions, owing to various environmental factors crop up during the daily functioning of the system. The network should be able to communicate with thousands of different devices—smart and dumb alike—simultaneously. One that delivers superior performance for every user, even in high-traffic areas like convention centers, airports and busy downtown shopping districts. Connects public transit. Cities are collecting data from anywhere and everywhere to make smarter decisions and deliver new services. They are using their high-tech profiles to attract new businesses and tourism. And Wi-Fi is playing a major role in making it all happen.
As a service provider or municipality, you can be a key player in the Smart City economy. Our Smart Wi-Fi technology delivers carrier-class reliability, simple management and wicked-fast speeds in Smart Cities around the globe.
Benefits to Constructors
- More revenue and lower costs from infrastructure management
- Better city planning and development
- E-government services delivered to citizens, faster, and at a lower operating expense
- Local economic development
- Improved productivity and service
Benefits to Residents
- Access to city services and Internet connectivity
- Improved quality of life
- Increased access to online services
The Smart Cities can be used in the following ways to make life simpler and better,
- Public Wi-Fi gives citizens the flexibility to access the Internet over a smartphone, tablet, or other device when they are in public spaces within Wi-Fi range.
- Location-based services help city planners acquire near real-time data. Planners gain insight into how a city functions and how its citizens live, which can help them provide better services.
- Virtual tourist applications provide visitors with access to historical facts as well as ideas for visiting landmarks.
- City commerce empowers local merchants to publish targeted offers and deals to citizens based on their location. Merchants gain a new way to position their business and value proposition.
- Infrastructure Management Services
- Applications provide citizens with information on real-time parking availability, thereby reducing congestion.
- Traffic applications give traffic operators a real-time view of live traffic conditions and incidents which dramatically reduce response time and time to recovery.